Jimmy Barnes and Mack Trucks have created a unique ‘Working Class Mack’ truck to be auctioned for drought relief.
“This Australian-made Mack Super-Liner is an enormous, inspirational homage to Jimmy’s legendary Working Class Man – an iconic album from 1985 that still resonates with farming communities across the country,” Mr Bestwick (Mack Trucks Australia Vice President) said.
“We’re auctioning the Working Class Mack and donating the profits from the sale to Rotary to show our support for farmers who’re doing it tough. They’re the backbone of our nation and Mack trucks work side-by-side with them every day.”
Launching the auction at Mack’s Brisbane factory today, the Cold Chisel frontman said people on the land needed all the help they could get.
“It’s extremely urgent – 99 per cent of New South Wales and 65 per cent of Queensland are in drought,” Jimmy said.
“Tens of thousands of farmers are on their knees and country towns are working hard to make a living, because of the worst drought in living memory.
“It’s time for all Australians to rally around those in the bush, to show we care, and I’m really proud to team up with Mack for this fundraiser.”
Queensland farmers Jim and Phyllis Stralow have been on their cattle property, 80 kilometres north of Aramac, since 1993.
“You can handle a year or two of dry weather but, after seven years of drought, things start to get pretty tough,” Mrs Stralow said.
“A long drought is like when you have a family member who is really crook. It doesn’t matter what you do, they just don’t get better. A lot of people don’t realise how tough it’s been.”
To bid on the unique Working Class Mack, go to pickles.com.au. Online auction closes at 4pm on Thursday 13 June 2019
ABOUT THE WORKING CLASS MACK
- Model: Gold Bulldog Super-Liner
- Engine: Mack MP10, 16 Litre
- Transmission: MACK mDRIVE 12 speed, Automated Manual
- Front Axle: Mack FXL 16.5
- Rear Axle & Suspension: Mack 2370B & RADD – GR
- Sleeper: 58” High-Rise
- Weight: 11.5 tonnes
- Paint: Unique Jimmy Barnes design for the ‘Working Class Mack’
- Bullbar: Special King 4 post bar with front underrun protection – donated by King Bars
- Sleeper Cab Air Conditioner: Icepack ES – donated by Haultech Engineering
- Turntable: Jost Turntable – donated by Jost Australia
- Driving lights: Hella Driving Lights – donated by Hella Australia